[CQ-Contest] Bleed thru problem

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Tue May 10 23:10:48 EDT 2005

I posted this on the Writelog reflector and didn't receive a response, so I
thought I'd try here.
I have two bleed through problems. The first only occurs when WriteLog is
running. When the AF on radio A is turned up past a certain point, it
triggers the VOX on radio B, and vice versa. I use the radios' phone patch
out to record audio via the computer sound card. When the phone patch out is
disconnected, this problem goes away. So the problem appears to be in the
computer sound card.

The second problem is always there, whether WriteLog is running or not. When
the AF is turned up past a certain point on radio A, audio from radio A can
be heard in the headphone for radio B, and vice versa. The audio runs
through the W5XD Multi-keyer, so the problem appears to be there.

Both these problems occur at audio levels higher than I would ordinarily
use, so they are not fatal problems, but I would like to eliminate them
both. I have tried using the WriteLog audio mixer to find levels that work,
but to no avail.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT