[CQ-Contest] Bleed thru problem

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Wed May 11 03:05:03 EDT 2005

I originally posted this to the Writelog (WL) reflector, but didn't get a
response, so I'm trying here.
I have two bleed through problems. The first only occurs when WL is running.
When the AF on radio A is turned up past a certain point, it triggers the
VOX on radio B, and vice versa. I use the radios' phone patch out to record
audio via the computer sound card. When the phone patch out is disconnected,
this problem goes away. So the problem appears to be in the computer sound
card.

The second problem is always there, whether WL is running or not. When the
AF is turned up past a certain point on radio A, audio from radio A can be
heard in the headphone for radio B, and vice versa. The audio runs through
the W5XD Multi-keyer, so the problem appears to be there.

Both these problems occur at audio levels higher than I would ordinarily
use, so they are not fatal problems, but I would like to eliminate them
both. I have tried using the WL audio mixer to find levels that work, but to
no avail.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT