[CQ-Contest] Publishing complete logs i/o UBNs

Vladimir V. Sidorov eu1sa at belsonet.net
Mon May 16 03:13:19 EDT 2005

Gents,

There came up an idea to publish complete logs upon checked, etc. And this
idea is followed by supporting votes.

Let me express an opposite opinion and to explain, why.

For several years I am involved into log checking in our domestic HF
championships. Time by time, having seen quite substantial percentage of
unconfirmed contacts, people also asks me to publish all logs upon checking
in order to analize confirmed/unconfirmed contacts AND TO AVOID POOR
OPERATORS IN THE NEXT CONTEST!

Obviously I don't support it and never publish checked logs.

If such an approach is followed, soon we can get some kind of black lists
freely distributed just like SCP files... And young operators/newcomers,
slashed into their faces will leave the contesting world forever.

Do you want it?

73,
Vladimir EU1SA