[CQ-Contest] QSO Penalties

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon May 16 17:10:20 EDT 2005

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 08:47:32PM -0400, K3BU at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 5/15/2005 6:32:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>

> Very simple - bad call, bad exchange, delete the QSO and don't count it.
> Radical idea? Not in non-ham life.

Delete the QSO .... that is not what you were pushing for a few years ago:

On 6-Sep-2000 K3BU said:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2000-09/msg00052.html
Speaking statistically: If I make an error in W7WHY call by writing
W7WSY that is an error in one letter and not all five letters, which
seem to be indicated by crossing that whole call out (and applying
penalty of 3 more callsigns). By him having my call in his log
correctly, he verifies that we had QSO (no cheating here) - purpose of
the contest. Isn't then taking the other remaining 4 letters out
already a penalty? Error rate should be calculated by taking number of
all the letters in all the callsigns against the miscopied
letters. Isn't it how we calculate errors at the code exams?

George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr