[CQ-Contest] [Elecraft] Single versus Dual Lever Paddles

David A.Belsley belsley at bc.edu
Tue May 17 16:39:14 EDT 2005

>         I recently saw comments somewhere about
> K7JA "slapping'" the dual lever paddle during the
> Jay Leno show indicating he had learned on a
> single lever.

I think I have been following this thread pretty closely, and I don't
recall anyone saying K7JA was slapping the paddle.  I think you may be
confusing things with a recent post that I made, in which I indicated
that Walter Winchell was slapping a bug (and producing random garbage).
  I saw K7JA sending, and believe me, it was not slapping. It was solid
technique, and I was amused that he had such presence of mind that he
actually adjusted the position of the Bencher before starting.

best wishes,

dave belsley, w1euy