[CQ-Contest] Logger writers everywhere UNITE!

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Sun May 22 13:32:55 EDT 2005

Not this century I am afraid.
First it should become easy to add  other contests (besides ARRL an
CQ) to Cabrillo specs.
For Russian DX Contest (more then 2500 logs this year) it is taking
now almost TWO YEARS and still not done. Let other smaller contests
alone. I suspect to agree on standard  UBN output will take even
longer.

73, Igor UA9CDC

> I have been looking at automatic importing of ubn data into the
n1mm logger.
> I have come to one big realization here.  All logging programs (for
ARRL and
> CQ contests at least) have to produce Cabrillo log files for
submission.
> But there is no standard format for reports coming back from the
log check
> process.  I would think that it would be good to develop a standard
report
> format that is designed for easy import back into the logging
programs for
> post contest analysis.  Logging program writers everywhere UNITE!
Its time
> to demand something back for all the work put into generating
Cabrillo!