[CQ-Contest] What to log?

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Wed May 25 19:18:23 EDT 2005

At 05:34 PM 5/19/2005, Alan Zack wrote:
>I have always heard (beginning when I was a KL7) that when a US licensed amateur operates from Canada he must still abide by the US freq bandwidths but this is not stated so on your reference.  It does say Canadian hams operating in the US must abide by the US bandwidths and not Canadian bandwidths.  Did I have it backwards all these years?

Alan -

I don't know about having it backwards, but when in the USA, Canadians have to follow FCC rules for US amateurs, and Americans operating in Canada have to follow Industry Canada rules.

I don't know when (or if) they were ever different [perhaps before the US/VE reciprocal operating treaty was signed i 1952].

             -- Tom