[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules and the District of Columbia

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Tue May 31 17:24:41 EDT 2005

Eric,

> One respondent suggested:
>
> "Maybe your post to CQ Contest should be revised to:
>
>    I would like the NAQP to add DC as a multiplier."
>
> That's been my issue from the start.  I have no interest in having
> the District become an ARRL Section, nor have the District be counted
> as a DX entity.
>
> My interest is that for this series of contests ONLY, where
> it seems that every other US governed entity, be it a state or other
> territorial body, has a separate identity, the District of Columbia
> be treated as a separate entity, too.

Why should DC be a multiplier?  If you create a separate multiplier
for DC (which is treated as Maryland for WAS purposes), then you
need to create multipliers for every Indian reservation, national
park. monument and federal facility in every other state.

I suspect there are several folks who would have fun with an NAQP
expedition to some "rare" multiplier.

The NAQP rules are based on states, provinces and DXCC countries in
North America ... that's the way they are and quite frankly they are
appropriate.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK

PS. Would you make DC a separate multiplier for DC in SS as well?