[CQ-Contest] WW SSB (40M)

John Warren nt5c at texas.net
Tue Nov 1 07:34:16 EST 2005

Pete N4ZR wrote:

>The following is from http://www.iaru.org/rel030703.html
>
>" The big news for radio amateurs is that there will be a dramatic
>improvement in the 40-meter band! After weeks of debate and efforts
>to resolve great differences between numerous proposals, including
>strong positions for no change, the conference agreed to shift
>broadcasting stations in Regions 1 and 3 out of the 7100-7200 kHz
>band and to reallocate the band to the amateur service in those two
>regions. The allocation in Region 2 of 7000-7300 kHz remains
>exclusively amateur. The broadcasting band in Regions 1 and 3 will
>become 7200-7450 kHz and in Region 2, 7300-7400 kHz. The change will
>take effect on 29 March 2009, less than six years from now -- a
>relatively short time by ITU standards.

When all this happens, we need AT LEAST 7125-7150 permitted by FCC
and supported by IARU/ARRL as the new 'Phone DX Window, for worldwide
transceive contacts. (Just like 3790-3800 in each Jan QST "Guide for
Considerate Operators"). No entrenched amateur interests there now -
Let's strike first by contacting our ARRL Directors! Probably should
start with 7125-7175 as a negotiating position.

John, NT5C.