[CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive influence of packet

N5IET Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 2 23:04:38 EST 2005

Who uses packet anyway I always use Telnet

 73 fer nw,
Bob N5IET

10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
http://www.n5iet.com/
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.

Dale Putnam
> Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:26 PM
> To: k1ttt at arrl.net; cq-contest at contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive
influence of packet

> OR......one could move to Wyoming... and live without
packet
> networks. And when it is decided to work the contest
> assisted... one better plan for where the assistant is
going
> to sit, because the assistant needs to sit
> somewhere.
> And it ain't gonna be on the other side of the 'puter
screen.

> Of course, there really isn't a discussion if the
decision is
> made to work
> the next contest,
> single.... because you is... single you see. No question
as to if you
> happened to utilize the
> spot or not.. cause there just isn't one.
>
> But when the certificate comes in the mail.... then the
> rewards are nice,
> and personal, and
> only shared with those that actually helped.
>
> --...   ...--
> Dale - WC7S qrp in Wy.... C U in the next TEST!!
>

> >From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt at arrl.net>
> >To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
> >Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB - the corruptive
influence of packet
> >Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:45:27 -0000
> >
> >As someone else has pointed out, the packet spotting
network was
> >designed and built by and for contesters.  To shut it
down
> for contests
> >or not to use it would be contrary to it's whole reason
for existing.