[CQ-Contest] Low End of 40

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Nov 7 11:24:31 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Kelly Taylor wrote:

> Because there can be only so many signals in a given amount of bandwidth,
> what the complainers are saying is that some people shouldn't be allowed to
> operate SS until a spot in "acceptable" bandwidth opens up.
>
> Is that really what the spirit of ham radio is about?

I am really impressed with my TS-850 during CW contests.  The 500 Hz CW
filters plus the IF tuning and notch are superb for narrowing down the
"acceptable" bandwidth. I had no trouble chopping out the QRM from 100 Hz
away at times.

Maybe the complainers should get a real radio! (I'm probably preaching to
the choir here.)  :-)

73, Zack W9SZ