[CQ-Contest] QRPers

James Cain cainjim at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 8 09:24:43 EST 2005

I think giving extra SS points for working "QRP" stations is a bad idea. Since most "QRPers" answer CQs, this change would give even more advantage to those big guns who can call CQ and run stations. It would widen the gap between the Haves and the Have-Nots. This proposal would not in any way encourage more QRP stations to get on for the contest and would just add another layer of scoring bureaucracy. It would also encourage "QRPers" to call CQ and sign "/QRP," one of the most aggravating things to hit the bands since single-sideband.

On an unrelated matter, I found it hard to fall asleep Sunday night after the SS, with "di di dit di di dit" playing over and over in my head. When I finally did drop off, a dream -- a nightmare -- kept recurring in my subconscious. I was correctly typing exchange information into CT but the software was putting the info into the wrong fields. When I went back to somebody CT sent his serial number instead of his call sign. And of course when I tried to ENTER a QSO, CT blew up, with INVALID messages.

Yikes.

Dr. Freud