[CQ-Contest] QRPers

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Tue Nov 8 14:05:35 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, James  Cain wrote:

> On an unrelated matter, I found it hard to fall asleep Sunday night
> after the SS, with "di di dit di di dit" playing over and over in my
> head.

Then I guess I wasn't the only one to experience that!

> When I finally did drop off, a dream -- a nightmare -- kept
> recurring in my subconscious. I was correctly typing exchange
> information into CT but the software was putting the info into the
> wrong fields. When I went back to somebody CT sent his serial number
> instead of his call sign. And of course when I tried to ENTER a QSO, CT
> blew up, with INVALID messages.

You mean that's not what happens all the time?  :-)

Actually, CT runs fine on my computer when I start it in DOS mode and run
the latest DOS version of CT.  It has crashed a couple times running
CTWIN.  Whatever works - I didn't lose any logs this year.

> Yikes.
>
> Dr. Freud

Dr. Freud or Dr. Fried? (That's the way I felt at the end of the contest.)

73, Zack W8SZ