[CQ-Contest] Funetics; late addition

K6VVA dx35 at hilding.com
Fri Nov 11 11:10:06 EST 2005

A year ago I operated SSB SS on the Sunday from club station N6IJ and
decided to use Norway SIX Indiana Jones.  This brought a lot of chuckle
compared to my usual "Alpha vs. Delta" problem with my own call.  I think
it was N0iJ who said, "I wish I'd though of those phonetics" when we worked.

Here's a thought to maybe help offset the Sunday afternoon doldrums in the
SSB SS in a week.  That being, if more ops would use "creative FUNetics"
for a change.

73...

Rick, K6VVA

P.S. If by chance you hear a weak station in the SSB SS signing  "Kilowatt
SIX Very Viagrous Amateur" or "Kenya's SIX Very Voluptuous Amazons", et.al,
... that would be me :-)  I use these on the 440 Mhz mobile repeater from
time to time, but will keep brainstorming for the ideal replacement...it's
gotta be out there in FUneticsLand...I hope.