[CQ-Contest] Alumni contesters

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Wed Nov 23 21:46:04 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 08:01:12PM -0500, Art Boyars wrote:
> Alma Mater W1MX was on in SS, both modes.  I was there during the era when a lot of college clubs were active, even in HF contesting -- W8UM, W8SH, W9YB, W1ET, W9YT (my grad school).  A lot of good contest op's come through those clubs.  I noticed several of the following W1MX alumni in SS CW, and they have told me a few calls current in contesting that I had forgotten or did not know.
>
> W4RX, W2RU, W6OAT, W4ZV (not SS), N6XI, AJ6V, AD1C, ND2T, W1UF (mostly VHF), W5XD, and N1MM.
>
> So, did I miss any W1MX alum's, and what other schools are represented out there in Contestland?

The University of Texas has produced several well-known contesters, including
two editors of the _NCJ_, and (we think) more WRTC contestants than any
other college or university in the United States:

http://n5xu.ae.utexas.edu/history/contesting.shtml

See also:

http://www.collegiatechampionship.org/

--