[CQ-Contest] Flawed analysis -- a data point

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Tue Nov 29 21:21:58 EST 2005

I was on in WW CW for an hour Saturday night about 00Z.  I just went up and down 40 and 20, picking off the loud ones who could hear my 100 watts and a dipole.  On 40 I heard one of the big MM's -- I think was NQ4I -- CQing with no responses.  Well, that's a double mult!  I waited 'til I could be sure that I heard no DX calling him, and I dumped in my call.  The QSO took maybe 10 seconds, and he went back to CQing with no responses.

So, at least one of those zero pointers was not wasted time.

73, Art K3KU