[CQ-Contest] telnet at k1ttt

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Thu Oct 6 07:47:09 EDT 2005

My node is so busy that I had to install the ve7cc proxy program that
buffers the connections to the node.  The ar-cluster software (actually any
windows based telnet program not running on a real server os) is limited in
how fast it can take new connections.  This program speeds up the connection
process, but then feeds the connections to the cluster at a controlled rate.
This may result in you seeing a delay (maybe with a countdown, maybe not)
when connecting, especially if the node has just rebooted or is recovering
from an internet connection dropout.  Just be patient and it should pick you
up in turn and then it will work just as fast as before, its only the
initial connection that is delayed.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net