[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] PTT control SO2R CW (was: Portable contest rigs)

Mario s56a at bit.si
Thu Oct 6 18:25:39 EDT 2005

I hope Orion II is coming out with separate PTT and KEY lines?
Small step for TT after a lot of emails, giant leap for mankind :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  SO2R full BK is utmost hamradio machoshism.

>Even interrupting the key lines is something that is unacceptable
>for SO2R - everything is done based on PTT & positive control
>of RX/TX state.

>I'm curious - who does _not_ use PTT for SO2R for serious
>operating on CW?  Perhaps we could hear from folks like K5ZD,
>KQ2M, etc.

>73, VR2BrettGraham

Never have...never will.  Not going to discuss it further as the last
time this subject came up via the Internet I was chastised for knowing
nothing about nothing vis a vis the needs of the serious CW contest
oprator.

73
Scott W4PA