[CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight [was:UBN/Log disclosure...]

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Sun Oct 9 21:29:03 EDT 2005

> There are several problems with real-time scoring, but the most
> glaring is that it provides the same service as packet spotting.

How?

Real-time scoring would, or should, only show who was on, not where they
were, other than possibly the band.

Absent real-time actual frequency information, I fail to see how this is a
threat to single-op categories.

This sounds like the webcam argument from last year when people were so
afraid that webcams amounted to non-amateur solicitation despite the fact
that on all the webcams I've ever seen, you can't even make out who is
operating, nevermind on which frequency...

73, kelly
ve4xt