[CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

Cqtestk4xs@aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Oct 12 07:19:54 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/12/05 2:44:21 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
guy_molinari at hotmail.com writes:
Also, if the new station worked is less
than x kHz away (let's say 2) it would not be considered a hit
. Perhaps a good idea if the band is crowded, like 40 meters at the start of
the contest.  However, not a good idea at other times.  For instance, the band
is just opening on 10 meters while I am running on 15.  I am going to be
picking up lots of mults strong stations on my second radio.  Since there are not
too many stations coming through yet, and the band is big, there will be lots
of kHz between each station I work.  Using your method, I may look like a
cheat.

By the way, I never use packet for contesting.  That is one reason I don't
operate the WAE anymore.  Because DARC couldn't control the dirtbag packet
cheaters, everybody has to use packet.  I have several of the "license plates" for
winning in the 90's and really enjoyed the QTC aspect.  But, since DARC
refuses to have a separate class for non-packet, I am QRT for WAE.

Bill K4XS