[CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 15:26:30 EDT 2005

That's not been my experience. I can start a CQ from PJ2
(not a very rare spot) and have several callers almost
immediately, and a good-sized pile in five minutes, any
time of the day or night. Then, perhaps, the packet-pile
begins.

There are people tuning and calling still, but DXers have
become more jaded. It used to be that any garden-variety
European was worth stopping and working for almost everyone.
With contest-style QSOs now prevelent, there's not much
challenge or reward in calling a non-rare DX station.

73,  Jeff  K8ND