[CQ-Contest] Domestic Contest Spots/Cheating

N7MAL N7MAL at CITLINK.NET
Fri Oct 14 01:33:02 EDT 2005

Here is the maximum you are going to get from me. STOP asking for more because it's not going to happen under any circumstances.
This is an excerpt from my log converted to an easy to read format(minus the calls). As is easily seen I'm plugging along at a rate of a contact every couple of minutes. I'm not a big gun (75w) and I'm comfortable giving out points at an easy rate. I was spotted at 0430 and my rate immediately jumps up to an average of 1.5 Q's per min and stays there a little over 10 mins. My rate then falls back down to a Q every min or so. (Remember the SS exchange is a long exchange)
This activity level happened each of the times I was spotted. The majority of the stations contacted during the periods of increased activity submitted logs as single op. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. Yes there probably was a coincidence, like K6LA, but only one or two since this pattern is not only repeatable but predictable. As long as the 'DX' Packet-Cluster system allows and condones and promotes spotting of domestic stations during domestic contests there is and will continue to be cheating. That is the reason categories like unlimited and assisted have been added to contests. Apparently they are not as glamorous as single op so guys continue to submit logs as single op even though they are using packet spots to find contacts.

           041107 0419 80   CW
           041107 0422 80   CW
           041107 0423 80   CW
           041107 0426 80   CW
           041107 0429 80   CW
           041107 0430 80   CW    SPOTTED on DX PACKET-CLUSTER
           041107 0431 80   CW
           041107 0432 80   CW
           041107 0433 80   CW
           041107 0433 80   CW
           041107 0434 80   CW
           041107 0436 80   CW     WORKED K6LA
           041107 0436 80   CW
           041107 0437 80   CW
           041107 0438 80   CW
           041107 0438 80   CW
           041107 0439 80   CW
           041107 0440 80   CW
           041107 0441 80   CW
           041107 0443 80   CW
           041107 0444 80   CW
           041107 0444 80   CW
           041107 0445 80   CW
           041107 0446 80   CW
           041107 0448 80   CW
           041107 0448 80   CW
           041107 0449 80   CW
           041107 0450 80   CW
           041107 0451 80   CW
           041107 0452 80   CW
           041107 0453 80   CW
           041107 0455 80   CW

MAL         N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
http://geocities.com/n7mal/
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia