[CQ-Contest] Real Time for Radio-Sporting

KI9A@aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 17:40:19 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/14/2005 7:27:58 A.M. Central Standard Time,
guy_molinari at hotmail.com writes:

I think  catching the "cheaters" is
really a secondary aside  anyway

This sums it up, folks.  Look, a cheater, is a cheater. If you foil  him by
doing something with real-time scoring. then he will cheat another way.  Maybe
enter the QRP class with 25 watts. Or the low power class with 200 watts.  or,
the high power class with 2k watts ( or more). Or even entering the
tribander/single element class with monobanders and bobtail curtains.

Time to remember this IS a hobby for the majority of us contesters...yes, I
understand many have tons of money & time invested in the stations, so,
before I get flamed for the above statement, when was the last time anyone
competed for anything other than a piece of paper ( or wood )?? Time to lighten  up,
do what we can to put peer pressure on suspected cheats, & remember we  WILL
loose a TON of guys if some contests require real-time logging. I have a  rough
enough time connecting to echolink, I can't imagine trying to connect to  an
online leader board!! ;-) Heck, that might be enough of a PITA (acronym,
think about it) for me pull the plug.

This thread is getting old, I'll be up 5kc waiting for some real posts  about
contesting..

73-Chuck KI9A