[CQ-Contest] CQWW -- Calling all Webcams and a question for all

K7ZO (Scott Tuthill) k7zo at cableone.net
Sat Oct 15 11:07:43 EDT 2005

During the past few contest seasons the use of webcams at contest sites has
continued to grow. During ARRL SSB earlier this year K1TTT, KB1H, NK7U,
EA8ZS, and KH6GMP had live webcams during the contest. KH6GMP even took the
step of offering streaming video which he has done in several contests since
then.  In preparation for CQWW SSB in a couple of weeks I have a couple of
requests for all CQ-CONTEST readers:

1. If you are planning on running a webcam during CQWW SSB please send me
the URL by Friday the 21st and I will compile all into one list and post to
CQ-CONTEST. Also, let me know what your objectives are in running a webcam:
   -- Is it for "the fun of it" and because "I can"?
   -- Do you hope it helps others learn something from your operation? In
      other words do you see it being educational in some way?
   -- Is it a way for your XYL or significant others to check up on you?
   -- Anything else?

2. If you have viewed a webcam before or think about viewing a webcam, what
would you hope to get out of the experience?
   -- Nothing really in particular -- it is just kind of fun to peak in on
      others to pass the time between QSOs.
   -- Do you hope to learn something by watching the contest operation? If
      so what?
   -- Do you just want to see if you see someone you know?
   -- Anything else?

Please reply direct with any information. I will compile and post.
Scott Tuthill/K7ZO
k7zo at cableone.net