[CQ-Contest] An Innocent Question... (Tesla Cup)

K3BU@aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Wed Oct 19 09:45:26 EDT 2005

Oooops, for some reason this was chopped off from the posting:

In a message dated 10/18/2005 5:18:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kenharker at kenharker.com writes:

>>I will say this, the contest is sufficiently different from the others
(especially in the exchange and multipliers definitions) to be potentially
interesting.  I wouldn't be making the claim that it "fixes" problems
experienced in other DX contests, because not everyone sees problems where
you see them.  To me, this contest has its own set of "problems," mostly in
a flawed scoring system that can't be taken seriously.  If I can only
justify the time to operate so many contests a year, this one just won't
make it into my schedule.<<

Everyone can see what they want. There it is, this "flawed" scoring system
allows one to win world high from his home station, no need to go to D4 or HC8
or PJ because of discriminatory point system. Are you telling me that it is
fair to get 3 points for Eu QSO from CN8 vs. 1 point from ZB2? What is more
flawed?

Were are still in the formative stage of TC rules. There have been
discussions and comments, more are always welcome. There are comments and craving for 24
hour contest with some breaks, better, less discriminatory scoring system,
better structure for comparing entries on similar footing - here it is, one
alternative. I hope it attracts some following and becomes fun and meaningful tool
to judge our performance - station and operator.

Thank you for your comments, I hope you will join us in 2006!

73 Yuri, K3BU.us