[CQ-Contest] logging & issues

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Fri Oct 28 18:45:43 EDT 2005

EI5DI replied to VR2BG talking to himself:

> > What to log in this case?
>
>The simplest thing is to let the software auto-fill the
>zone.  Don't even listen for it, unless you're in any
>doubt about the callsign, and don't waste time editing
>any zone if you hear something different.  We know from
>this mailing-list that RST and zone are ignored by CQ for
>checking purposes.  You can't "blow it by not logging the
>exchange properly" - the "exchange" is dumped.

Not quite - we only know about UA9S/T.  I'm not quite
sure where the CQ-WW-doesn't-check-any-of-the-exchange
comes from... kinda like what is ultimately behind the
Russians playing silly buggers with their zones.

Let's try & get the zone part of the exchange to be meaningful
before trying anything about RST.

73, VR2BrettGraham