[CQ-Contest] Avoiding Emergency Traffic

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 2 12:24:41 EDT 2005

I will second W3UR's reminder to avoid the 20-meter emcomm nets and add a
reminder that emergency traffic nets on 40 and 75-meters are shown as
operating from the beginning of the General Class allocations to the upper
band edge.  This is going to make it difficult for General Class contesters
over the following weeks as emergency operations progress.  It's too early
to tell how long these frequencies will be occupied, but we should all be
extra careful to give them a wide berth if there is any ongoing activity
there.

73, Ward N0AX