[CQ-Contest] CQWW Multi-Single Rule

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Wed Sep 14 20:20:31 EDT 2005

There's only a disconnect if you choose to make this harder than it needs to
be.

Under the two transmitter rule, as stated here, there is no restriction on
where those two transmitters may be or whom they may work (though there may
be a restriction not quoted here restricting them from being on the same
band simultaneously).

Under the M/S rules, the mult station is restricted by a 10-minute rule and
may only work new mults. This is not new, but it was introduced after the
M/S category was created. It was specifically introduced as a change to the
M/S category in certain contests: it did not come about by default. I seem
to recall early M/S rules that did not allow for this exception. I believe
some of my and VE4VV's efforts in the 1980s as VE4ALO were bound by M/S
rules that did not include this restriction.

73, kelly
ve4xt