[CQ-Contest] RES: RES: M/2 Rule

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro at k4ro.net
Tue Sep 20 18:31:07 EDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:16:55PM -0000, Stuart Santelmann KC1F wrote:
> You should have made a tape!  Or a .WAV file,
> then emailed it to the League.

We didn't have the time to do that, as we were in
the middle of trying to win a contest ourselves.
Besides, there were several comments on 3830
afterwards about it, and I just assumed it would
be a check log.  I was surprised when the official
results were published.

This is not to pick on any one crew or operation.
It's to point out that not following the M/S rule
can result in a significant time advantage over the
course of a contest.  That's why the rule exists. I'm
hoping that by sticking my neck out and posting this,
it might encourage some fair competition this year.

-Kirk  K4RO