[CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Aug 10 18:26:18 EDT 2006

Jim, K1TN/9, wrote:

 > On a related subject, now that full break in (QSK) is built into most
rigs, why
 > not just continuously send "CQ TEST K1TN QSK" and wait for someone to send a
 > DIT? Think of the wear and tear this would save on the F1 key.

Hmmm...maybe I'm missing something here, but what if the other guy sends a
"dit" EXACTLY at the same time when you are sending a character or number
with a "dit" in it?  I could be wrong, but I don't think my (external) QSK
unit allows RX "hearing" when I am key-down (even with a dit).

73 & open to enlightenment I remain,

Rick-K6VVA