[CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...

k1ttt at arrl.net k1ttt at arrl.net
Mon Aug 14 13:16:43 EDT 2006

here is the new rule:

5. The presentation in any public forum of logs or other representations
of station operation showing details of station activity or other
information from which all essential QSO elements (time, date, band, mode
and callsign) for individual contacts can be derived creates a question as
to the integrity of the claimed QSOs with that station during the period
encompassed by the log. Presentation of such information in any public
forum by the station operator, operators or associated parties is not
allowed and may be considered sufficient reason to deny ARRL award credit
for contacts with any station for which such presentations have been made.
Persistent violation of this provision may result in disqualification from
the DXCC program.

this makes no sense at all...  How does confirming that you actually have
a contact in the log before actually sending for a card, or submitting to
LOTW threaten the qsl process??  doesn't the qso have to show in both logs
(on lotw), or the manager has to find the requested qso in the log to get
back a card anyway??  how does your knowing that you actually got logged
affect that?

Personally, this is one of the many reasons i refuse to bother with DXCC
and many of the other awards programs that are controlled by crazy sets of
rules that can be changed on the whim of some administrator.  Maybe i'll
just publish all my logs and be done with it, no more dxcc for me or
anyone trying to claim a contact with me!!