[CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...

Michael Keane K1MK k1mk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 14 15:28:16 EDT 2006

At 01:16 PM 8/14/2006, k1ttt at arrl.net wrote:
 >this makes no sense at all...  How does confirming that you actually have
 >a contact in the log before actually sending for a card, or submitting to
 >LOTW threaten the qsl process??  doesn't the qso have to show in both logs
 >(on lotw), or the manager has to find the requested qso in the log to get
 >back a card anyway??  how does your knowing that you actually got logged
 >affect that?

I think one of the important words in the new rule is "publishing."

FWIW, I suspect the primary intent is to discourage the proliferation
of browse-able logs that could encourage those with weak morals to
phish for instances where the DX station busts someone's call into
the phisher's call and allow the phisher to claim credit for a
contact they didn't make.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK