[CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...

Axel Schernikau Axel.Schernikau at siv.de
Mon Aug 14 15:22:42 EDT 2006

Hello Mike,

Don't think that that's the real problem.

If YOU made the QSO You can send the card and the QSL-manager will find
it in the log, even if the call was busted by the OP.

But if ALL data of the QSO (date, time, band, mode) will be published
W1DR or W1NL (or which other call is nearby) could send in a card
quicker than You with the exact QSO information. He can't do this if he
wasn't on the QRG and heard Your QSO.

So that would open a can of problems for the QSL-manager and and can of
"chances" for cheaters, although we all hope there are not much of them
in hamradio.

73 & gl,

Axel Schernikau, DL6KVA
dl6kva at qsl.net