[CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Mon Aug 14 16:36:12 EDT 2006

But if you are busted in the published log, how do you fix THEIR log???  The
on-line log may let you know that you aren't in their log, but it can't fix
it... so even if you had the right date and time and sent for the qsl you
shouldn't get it.  So publishing logs should be a GOOD thing for DXCC, it
lets more people take up less air time getting insurance contacts, and lets
those whose contacts are busted make another good contact, thereby improving
their country count and reducing frustration by getting back a NIL card
years after the event!!!  I still say its another dumb ruling by the DXCC
administrators who must have been pressured by someone with a big
misconception of what an on-line log could do for the hobby.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net