[CQ-Contest] QRP

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Mon Aug 14 16:05:44 EDT 2006

> SPECIAL NOTE:  QRP participants should ***NOT*** add "/QRP" to their
>callsigns,

blah, blah, blah......

Excuse me for this, but this is all getting so silly.

This is turning into the Contest Inquisition.

And nobody expects the Contest Inquisition.

(I've been watching Monty Python reruns lately)

Amateur radio is ONLY a hobby.

So what if someone appends /QRP or anything else to their call?

What does it really matter?

Are you that concerned about how the additonal /QRP transmission time
affects the other guy's rate?  Probably not.

Are you that concerned about how the additional /QRP transmission time
affects your rate?  IF so, maybe you should rethink responding to
those 2x3's and 2x3/portable-somethings.  Afterall, their calls and
appendages can be pretty long.

Can we get on to something more relevant and points productive than
lambasting the extremely small percentage of the contest participants
that may use /qrp with their call?  AND who may find something else to
do on a contest weekend once they find out what is being said about
them here?

Oh, did I mention:

IT'S ONLY A HOBBY!

73,