[CQ-Contest] ARRL says no to opening logs...

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Mon Aug 14 18:54:15 EDT 2006

> It says "All essential elements".  In other words, publishing
> enough information to fix a "busted" or incomplete QSO so you
> can fill out your QSL card and get credit for a QSO that is
> questionable is not allowed.

- snip -

> I see nothing wrong with that and in fact fully endorse it.

I agree with you ... and wonder if this rule makes eQSL.cc
a violation.  After all, if W1NR/P5 busts a call that results
in W4TV being in the log that gets uploaded to eQSL.cc, I can
take the "questionable" confirmation in my inbox, enter that
data in my log and upload the matching data to LotW (or claim
a card from the manager).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV