[CQ-Contest] Bencher Paddles & Customs/TSA

kd4d at comcast.net kd4d at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 05:35:25 EDT 2006

I had a similar experience with BWI.  I finally managed to get them
to accept the paddles but have started checking them (and taking
the risk of losing them of course as a result).  This was several years
ago...

It's great that there is a predictable, well-defined process and that
you can determine what items are allowed and prohibited before
arriving at the airport.

The Jones paddles I use are no longer manufactured.  By the time you
are at security you can't check things.

This isn't improved screening, it's just arbitrary and random
decisions...

73,

Mark, KD4D

From: Chris Hurlbut <c_hurlbut at adelphia.net>