[CQ-Contest] More assistance musings [was: Looking in the mirror]

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 00:03:36 EST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Patrick Hoppe phoppe at wi.rr.com

Since you are on the subject of "assisted" or not... What about these
partial call data bases?  Some of us copy the whole call and ask for a
repeat (or two) if needed.  Would using a partial call database or a
database from last year's contest to fill in the exchange constitute getting
assistance?

Super Check Partial is a technology that has been around for quite a while.  To my knowledge, no adjudicator to-date has ruled this to be worthy of reclassification.

Interestingly, it appears to fit one definition that has been bouncing around on this list: having information provided by others that you would otherwise not have yourself.

By the way...accuracy of the super-natural information is not the issue...acting on it *is* the issue (in my unofficial opinion).

Ev, W2EV