[CQ-Contest] More assistance musings [was: Looking in the mirror]

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Fri Dec 1 05:46:50 EST 2006

I hate to say anything to perpetuate this discussion, but...

> Super Check Partial is a technology that has been around for
> quite a while.  To my knowledge, no adjudicator to-date has
> ruled this to be worthy of reclassification.

Been in use since K1EA invented it 15+ years ago.  Think of it as a memory
aid.

> Interestingly, it appears to fit one definition that has been
> bouncing around on this list: having information provided by
> others that you would otherwise not have yourself.

Having information provided by others you would not have yourself is called
learning.  Very valuable skill.

I think the proper definition includes the phrase "during the contest"
somewhere in there.

> Ev, W2EV

Randy, K5ZD