[CQ-Contest] Random acts of kindness, Unassisted Categories, Rules, etc.

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Tue Dec 5 12:43:55 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:34:20 -0800, "Ken Widelitz" <widelitz at gte.net>
 wrote:

>If you call "CQ, especially looking for VY1" and you are not connected to
>packet, you are not cheating, intentionally or otherwise. I don't equate
>hoping for a "random act of kindness" with intentionally cheating. I don't
>equate calling a directional CQ with asking where to find the VY1, although,
>as a result of a "random act of kindness" that CQ might be so interpreted.

If you call "CQ VY1" and a VY1 answers, you are still unassisted. But
if someone else replies and tells you where to find the VY1, you are
assisted - if and only if you act on the information.

It all hinges on the assistance of a third party. If there is no third
party, you remain unassisted.

Bill, W6WRT