[CQ-Contest] Enforceable rules

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Tue Dec 5 16:17:33 EST 2006

>>And what about publicly (more or less) stating that you won't enfore
>>certain rules.  For example, to go
>>back to a topic that was discussed before-the SS rules say the check is
>>the last 2 digits of the year first
>>licensed, but then the ARRL has told individuals that they really don't
>>enforce this.

Sorry, but what's to enforce here? Should ARRL then be enforcing 'honest'
RST? How would the log checker know that you were really only 335C and not
ENN? And in ARRL DX, should DX stations be required to monitor their output
with a Bird so that they don't send KW when really they should send 998
watts? Should they then be required to send 996 watts when their line
voltage drops?

Should the League compile a database of all amateur radio licences issued in
the world so that they can cross-reference a log with an operator's real
"first year of licence?" "Hey, he's sending 74, but I KNOW he was licenced
in Germany before he came to Canada. No fair!"

C'mon, how long do you want to wait for the results?

Say your check is 82. Can you PROVE that you weren't licenced before 1982?
Ever try to prove a negative?

How does it make one whit of difference to me if you send 00 or 77 or 73 as
a check?

Providence: Grant me the courage to change the things that matter, the
serenity to accept the things that don't and the wisdom to know the
difference!

73, kelly
ve4xt