[CQ-Contest] Shorter Time to Submit Log

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Tue Dec 12 20:23:58 EST 2006

I have no objection to the suggestion that the Gentlemen's Agreement (GA)
include a shorter time than specified by the sponsor's rules to submit logs.
However, it needs to be reasonable. 15 minutes is not reasonable. When the
contest is over, or I run out of time, I save my log, turn everything off
and walk away. I don't want to even look at my breakdown till the next day.
N5OT's suggestion of a week seems reasonable to me.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you don't want to abide by the GA that doesn't mean you are not a
gentleman or have not abided by the rules of the contest sponsor. The GA
goes above and beyond the rules, or your individual interpretation of them.
It is intended to be a STRICTER STANDARD that applies to those competing for
a spot in the Top Ten box. It is not intended to diminish any enjoyment or
satisfaction for the casual contester, or even the more serious contester
who is competing with a buddy, or is doing a Multi-op or an Unlimited entry,
or competing for a club award, or to contribute to your club's score, etc.
No one is trying to tell anybody how to contest, except to the extent you're
taking a shot at the Top Ten.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT