[CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio

k4zw at adelphia.net k4zw at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 22 13:11:34 EST 2006

2.  I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the DX stations are not IDing as
frequently as they did before Packet.

   You got that right!  In fact I was going to propose that unassisted stations be allowed a certain number of "Packet Chips" per contest.  This would allow us to log onto the packet network "x" number of times during a contest for the sole purpose of obtaining a station's callsign.  Some stations appear to be using packet in lieu of signing their call on a reasonable basis.  Of course I'm not serious but any unassisted op who has experienced the following:

DX Station - K4ZW 599 XX
K4ZW - 599 5
DX Station - TU

for 3 - 10 straight QSO's while the multitudes call, know exactly what I mean.

Happy Holidays!
Ken K4ZW