[CQ-Contest] ZERO points

k3bu at optonline.net k3bu at optonline.net
Fri Dec 22 16:27:59 EST 2006

Ok, I will give up! After I wrote explanation of desirability and reasons for removing zero point scoring bias, some don't get it and looks like they will never get it. You do not need handicap, we need to eliminate gross bias of 60 or 30 % in the scoring system that has no basis in todays situation!!  This would also help situation that Steve, N2IC described as it is experienced by midwest and west - not much going on if they can't work what is around them. Huge country with most ham population "rewarded" zero points and prevented from working their own. Much more fun working lonely VP5 in the packet pileup, Eh?

Enjoy not working potential 2000 US stations. "Ham Radio logic"

73  Yuri, K3BU