[CQ-Contest] Packet has ruined Ham Radio

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Fri Dec 22 19:20:06 EST 2006

> 2.  I'm not sure, but it seems to me that
> the DX stations are not IDing as frequently
> as they did before Packet.

I have not noticed this, operating DX contests since 1972.  How frequently
one should ID has been a topic of debate since well before spots, and I
haven't heard anyone say "now that there's internet spots, I don't identify
as often as I used to because they all know who I am anyway."

DX stations waiting too long between IDs seems like it has always been a
contesting frustration.

73 - Mark, N5OT