[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 Sponsored Teams

Jim Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 01:54:06 EST 2006

Ken, your memory is as faulty as your logic.

In 2002, when I learned that $50,000 could sponsor a team, and informed you
of same, you replied to me "so that's what it takes for me to get a team"?
I said I guess so, and then said to you:  "Ken, if you DONATE $50,000 TO
WRTC2002, then I will volunteer that you replace me on the (your) old boys
team of N6AA/N6TJ" and/or recommend to Martti that you be granted a team.
NEVER did I (seriously) offer to SELL you my place, and you know it.

As to lecturing anyone on etiquette, you might want to educate us on your
compelling need to make your criticisms of Atilano public, rather than in a
private post.

And finally, what you perceive in  Valery RD3AF selecting me as a team mate
was "to my benefit", I have contested from southern Brazil on five
occasions, and I was actually looking forward to going there as a tourist,
have some fun with my family, and contesting and Brazilian friends, and deal
with my declining health.   I again acquiesced out of respect to friends who
wanted me to compete.  And to perhaps advance the cause of detente and
amateur radio cooperation  between Russia and the USA.  What's wrong with
that?

 And herein, publicly, I will state that IF you donate $50,000 to WRTC2006,
I will strongly recommend to Val that you take my place as his team mate.

I will also completely understand if he rejects this out of hand, for any
amount of money.

Jim  N6TJ