[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB CONTEST FROM GRENADA

Harry Flasher hflasher at dayton.net
Wed Feb 1 11:33:07 EST 2006

I am looking for a couple of operators to fill out a small group for
this contest (plus before and after).  We have access to the site of
previous J3A contest operations.  Stored at the site or nearby is just
about everything needed but transceivers, computers, headsets and keyers
for those wanting to do CW before and after.  I might add  'some
assembly needed'.  We do hire some local help cost of which is estimated
in the on island cost below.  The site is approximately a 10 minute
drive from a nearby hotel.  The cost for a non J3 licensed spouse would
be about $150 lower (no savings on room cost as below estimated on
shared room).

As cost is generally of interest, for a six night stay (nights of March
1 to 6) the costs on the island would run from $700 to 900.  It could
even be lower, but much depends on how many participate, meal and
beverage choices, etc.  Not included is local purchases of gifts and
personal items.  Airfare and related travel costs are not included.

One can extend or shorten the stay.  I can give an idea of cost
adjustment when discussed.

For anyone interested, I prefer to discuss by phone.  During MTWTF, I
will not be home in the AM until 10 or 11AM.  Most of rest of the time
(EST) I am normally available until 11 PM.  This evening (Wed.) I will
be gone until about 9PM.  My home phone number is 937-434-9616.

73  Harry   AC8G  J37K and license holder of J3A