[CQ-Contest] WPX info - Vanity Calls in Sweden

Magnus A sm6wet at telia.com
Thu Feb 2 14:49:41 EST 2006

Hello Sylvan!

We currently have SM calls and since very recent SA calls for personal calls
since SM calls are starting to be filled.
SI - has been used as special call and in those few times mostly as SI8
which is the Swedish part of Market Reef.
SJ - has what I understand only been used at SJ9WL which is the Morokulien
station on the border between LA-SM land and it switches between a special
norweigan and SJ9WL every 2nd week (This is a rent very cheap QTH that is
popular).
SK and SL is as mentioned below.

Since untill about a year ago, 7S and 8S were only used as special calls but
then we were aloud contest calls for 100 SEK a year which has now been
upgraded to 150 SEK / year. approx US$20 or ?uro13.

To answer your question, the calls will be permanent and aloud to use in and
out of contests.
How do you mean 2x1calls? One suffix? If so, Yes, 1-4 suffix letters can be
choosen.
They are available on demand, if it is taken you will just have to wait and
see if it gets available again.
The cost for a vanity call is as contest call (which will now also be a
vanity call in the way that one will be able to use it in and out of
contests) - 150 SEK which is approx US$20 or ?uro13 / year.

One may apply allready now with what call one wants but it can only be used
if paid for and after Feb 15th.

73 Magnus