[CQ-Contest] 75M and the DX Window

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Sun Feb 5 22:38:11 EST 2006

Yes, but what about DX stations and DXpeditions using common DX split
freqs such as 14.195/14.200, 21.295/21.300, 28.395/28.400 and then some
local guy wants to call CQ just a Khz or so below the DX calling freq
and get into a long winded QSO with another local about the WX, his
aches and pains, or complaining about politics. During these long winded
broadcasts of nothing really important he is covering up the DX.  Why
can't they go above about 14.210, etc, for local to local ragchews?
Today 5X1GS was on 14.160, listening up 5, working a hugh pile up when a
domestic station got right on top of his Tx freq and started calling
CQ.  He was asked by the DX cops to please QSY as he was on top of a DX
station and he stated he didn't hear anyone before he started his CQ and
started calling CQ again for a long time.  Maybe he couldn't hear the 5X
since we were answering him 5 up but it was still rude to keep calling
CQ after a dozen DX cops told him the freq was in use.  It would be nice
to have 14.150-14.200 set aside for DX to call CQ and have the domestic
stations call CQ above 14.200 but it ain't never gonna happen.

--
Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ