[CQ-Contest] 75M and the DX Window

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 6 05:19:08 EST 2006

This won't work if the DX isn't aware that someone's covering him up but
I've often thought that if he is the problem could be solved in a minute
or two by the DX saying, "Listening on xxxxx only" where xxxxx is the
"offender's" frequency.  The poor guy would never know what hit him.
Heck, he could even brag to his buddies, "I called one CQ on 20 and 50
guys answered.  That 80m dipole really works."

After a minute or so the DX says, "Up" and everything's back to normal
(except for the guys who didn't get the message and now think he's
working simplex).

73, Jim   VE7FO